More and more people consider acupuncture as a complementary therapy for infertility. Here 5 ways in which acupuncture is believed to benefit infertility cases:
- Infertility can be a stressful experience, and stress may negatively impact fertility. Acupuncture helps reduce stress by promoting the release of endorphins, the body's natural feel-good chemicals.
- Acupuncture influence the release of certain hormones, such as gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), which plays a role in regulating the menstrual cycle and ovulation.
- Some proponents of acupuncture suggest that it can enhance blood flow to the uterus and ovaries, creating a better environment for implantation and supporting ovarian function.
- In traditional Chinese medicine, the concept of "Qi" or life energy is central. Acupuncture is believed to balance the flow of Qi, promoting overall health and well-being, which can positively affect fertility.
- At Oriental Ensure Acupuncture Clinic, we get more and more individuals undergoing fertility treatments like in vitro fertilization (IVF) or intrauterine insemination (IUI) choose to complement these procedures with acupuncture.