Optimal health, We all want to have it, but very few of us are anywhere close to achieving it. This is because, unfortunately, health is not a high priority for most of us. Even more so, most of us don’t even know how to define optimal health. Our medical model teaches us that health is the absence of disease. But health is much more than this. There are millions of people who don’t have a diagnosable disease, but are still in poor or mediocre health.
Interestingly, there are also many people who do have a disease but are in good to excellent health. How could this be? Because we define health in a much different way than our medical model does. we define health as the absence of addiction, not disease. Health is about living spontaneously. In Chinese medicine, the character ziran symbolizes both health and spontaneity.
Now, this may seem strange to you. But think about it. People who are free of harmful habits and addictions generally exude peace and contentment. The habits means both inner and outer habits. For instance, coffee, sex, gambling, food, cocaine, etc. are external habits. Inner habits include belief systems and perceptions that are habitual, rote, and stuck. We get lost in what we think we know about ourselves and our lives. To achieve optimal health, we must be free of addictions of all kinds. The daily habits are what get us in trouble.
We can see here that optimal health has a strong spiritual component, as it is largely based on seeing through limiting thoughts and beliefs and living with a fresh perspective every day. The byproduct of a spiritually, emotionally and physically balanced life is tremendous energy and vitality and a heightened experience of general wellness. If this is one end of the spectrum and death is at the other, I would argue that most of us are somewhere in the middle. We may not have a ‘disease’, but we don’t feel that great either. We may have chronic pain, stress, emotional ups and downs, fatigue, etc.
Sometimes we wonder if there really is something wrong with us. Symptoms such as these show us that the wind is blowing in the wrong direction, especially if there is a family history of degenerative illness or cardiovascular disease. If we look at the following statistics, it is obvious that, as a society, we have a ways to go before most of us are optimally healthy. ,more than 4 million people in Canada have diabetes
- 62%, or over 3 in 5 of Canadian adults are overweight or obese.31% of Canadian children and youth aged 5 to 17, an estimated 1.6 million, are overweight or obese
- We each have a 1 in 3 lifetime risk of getting some form of cancer
- An estimated 1.6 million Canadians are living with heart disease or the effects of a stroke. 1.3 million Canadians are living with heart disease.More than 400,000 Canadians are living with long-term stroke disability
- In 2012, more than 66,000 Canadians died from heart disease or stroke . That’s one person every 7 minutes, almost 14,000 Canadians died as the result of a heart attack, more than 13,000 Canadians died as the result of a stroke
- Six million Canadian adults, or one in five, have high blood pressure and 1 in 6 Canadians (762,000 individuals) with high blood pressure are unaware of their condition
- 5.4% of the Canadian population aged 15 years and over reported symptoms that met the criteria for a mood disorder: depression,anxiety etc.
- In 2011, 747,000 Canadians were living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias - that's 14.9 per cent of Canadians 65 and older.By 2031, if nothing changes in Canada, this figure will increase to 1.4 million.
The following five foundations of optimal health have spiritual, emotional, and physical connotations, each of which is an integral part of healing. Each of these must be met with this quality of spontaneity that optimal health depends upon.
1. Mindfulness, Passion, and Purpose: For most of us, embarking on the path to optimal health will entail making some lifestyle changes that are conducive to this pursuit. To do this authentically, we have to start with a healthy psychological orientation toward making changes. This means that we initiate our healing without using will power. Instead, we use mindfulness, passion, and purpose to guide us through change. We identify with the deepest part of ourselves that is already complete and we set an unwavering intention to allow this to surface as we embark on healthy living. We are not making changes out of guilt or ‘should’. This will always backfire because will power comes in limited supply. Contrarily, we have a burning desire to discover who we are and to fulfill our potential. Our health is crucial to and inseparable from this process. This is the most important foundation because it is crucial for the success of any of these other foundations.
2. Nutrition: Ok, now that we have identified what we are seeking out to do, we need to eat a certain way to be healthy. Food is an extremely important influence in our mood, attitude, energy level, and how comfortable we feel in our skin. The key is to strip away what you have been taught about food through your upbringing, the media, or what you see around you. Food is either poison or medicine and we have to start working w/ it medicinally if we wish to use it as a gateway to optimal health. Eating an organic whole foods diet is a wonderful first step to take in this regard.
3. Exercise: We have all heard that it is essential to exercise regularly, but so many of us haven’t made a commitment to it. This is because exercise feels like a burden, it is uncomfortable and we have to use will power to do it. Sometimes we use exercise to beat ourselves up, or we exercise out of guilt. And for some of us, it just isn’t on our radar screen at all. Exercise can only be done long-term if it is enjoyable.
4. Sleep: Most of us need 7-9 hours of sleep per night to get the rest we need for our busy lives. When we are living with mindfulness, passion, and purpose, we can get away with much less sleep, perhaps even 4-5 hours per night. If you suffer from insomnia or restless sleep, then healing this one of the first priorities for your health. We need time to rest and restore, or else our waking hours will be compromised.
5. Chinese medicine: So, how does alternative medicine fit into achieving optimal health? Well, it plays a big role even if we aren’t suffering with explicit health problems. In China, acupuncture is considered to be a primary part of the average person’s lifestyle. It keeps the internal workings of the body balanced and often improves one’s mental well being as well. The truth is that, unless you are already optimally healthy, acupuncture and herbs can take you very far in that direction. Other forms of medicine such as Ayurveda can also be included in this category, as can the skillful application of drugs and surgery in Western medicine.
In order to initiate the lifestyle choices that reflect a high degree of wellness, it is important that you take action NOW. We are incredibly clever when it comes to putting off things of this nature. We convince ourselves that it’s simply not a good time to even think about this. Each of us has a passion for self-care and optimal living that is buried within us. How are you going to find it in this moment? Perhaps the first step is making a personal commitment to live in accordance with health and balance rather than stress, drama, and denial. Yes, it’s easier said than done, but it certainly can be done.
Looking for an experienced acupuncturist for Optimal Health, book appointment online at Oriental Acupuncture Clinic or call 416-800-3978 for free consultation.
Please contact us anytime!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Terrific work! That is the kind of information that are supposed to be shared across the internet. Disgrace on the search engines for no longer positioning this publish upper! Come on over and consult with my web site . Thanks =) aol email login
I strongly suggest Reni for mortgage needs and look forward to working together with her again when my renewal comes up. canadian mortgage calculator Some in the most popular banks and banks in Canada include:. mortgage payment calculatorReplyDelete
As an enemy of maturing treatment, facial massage therapy isn't just a developing pattern for customers, but at the same time is acquiring slack as an educational program in cosmetology schools, style schools and obviously, massage therapy schools. https://masakor.com/include/category_view2.php?area1=20190405173816_7696&category1=ReplyDelete
I am usually to blogging and i also truly appreciate your posts. The content has truly peaks my interest. I am about to bookmark your web blog and maintain checking for brand spanking new info. acupuncture denverReplyDelete
My husband and i got quite happy Edward managed to round up his investigation through the precious recommendations he had when using the weblog. It is now and again perplexing to just be offering secrets and techniques that many most people might have been trying to sell. And we remember we have got the blog owner to give thanks to because of that. The entire illustrations you have made, the easy site menu, the relationships you make it possible to foster – it is most terrific, and it is helping our son and us consider that this concept is awesome, which is tremendously serious. Thanks for everything! equipping the saintsReplyDelete
I happen to be commenting to make you be aware of what a fine discovery my girl encountered visiting the blog. She figured out some issues, most notably how it is like to possess a very effective teaching mindset to make other people really easily grasp a variety of advanced subject areas. You truly surpassed our expected results. Many thanks for giving the interesting, dependable, edifying and even cool tips about your topic to Sandra. Trinity House PublisherReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
This may sound like a childish approach, but as I said before, therapy is a unique type of work that is build around feelings and emotions therapistReplyDelete
Those with a genetic pre-disposition to depression or another affective disorder like bipolar disorder, will have multiple incidents and usually require some form of treatment. Therapist Wayne PA 19087ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing the post. It is really good which provides enough information to find out about the given topic. Good luck. Turkish visa from Canada, Turkey Visa is best suited for Canadian citizens who wish to visit the country for tourism, transit or business purposes. Traveling to Turkey from Canada it's easy this time , you can apply online.ReplyDelete
The overall hypothesis of acupuncture depends on the reason that there are examples of energy stream (Qi) through the body that are fundamental for wellbeing. The Secret - Law of AttractionReplyDelete
distributions, its distance learning limit which is being developed and public honors perceiving greatness in the field of craftsmanship therapy. Reiki Kabbalah CenterReplyDelete
At the point when you check the CDC report you should remember that the information is 3 years of age.laser eye surgeryReplyDelete
The basic truth is that psychiatrists accomplish such a great deal something other than dole out medicine remedies.https://empirecareclinic.com/home/how-to-decide-on-the-right-psychiatrist-in-new-york/ReplyDelete
I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. nearby massage spaReplyDelete
There are many causes of snoring. Snoring is usually caused when the air flow is blocked from entering through the mouth or nose. Stop someone snoring without waking themReplyDelete
This type of avoidance drains and deletes your reservoir of powerful natural energy and siphons your mental health reserves. contact usReplyDelete
This profoundly altered information which is then moved to the laser utilized in your Custom LASIK surgery treatment.ReplyDelete
It is very good, but look at the information at this address. Yoni MassageReplyDelete
Thanks for the blog filled with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. ipari berendezések szállításaReplyDelete
You will go over supplies like the abs machine, treadmills, collection of circular apparatuses and any remaining names that you could certainly expect in the wildernesses of the wellness and health gym stores.ReplyDelete
Acknowledgment and affirmation of the Health Uneasiness propensity, one concern rapidly following one more in an observable circle that goes on and on forever.ReplyDelete
The impacts of cocaine, both fueled cocaine and solidified, are fleeting which can prompt broad use, including drug gorges.ReplyDelete
Really informative article post. Really thank you! Really Great. camboida prince chenzhiReplyDelete
Taking breaks throughout the day can improve productivity and reduce stress. IHCA IncReplyDelete